Through the work of Library of America, readers have access to a precious legacy comprised of over 300 carefully curated and beautifully made editions of America’s greatest writing—including acknowledged classics, forgotten masterpieces, and historically significant documents and texts.
To make these volumes affordable for the widest possible readership, our pricing remains lower per page than that of virtually any other hardcover books and many paperbacks. This means that sales revenue cannot cover the full cost of curating and publishing Library of America editions.
That is why readers, book-lovers, history enthusiasts, and scholars—all who believe that the nation’s great writing should have a presence and prominence in the cultural life of the nation—support Library of America.
We hope you will join this vibrant community by making a contribution to LOA’s Annual Fund.
Contributions to the Annual Fund supplement the revenue from sales, making it possible for Library of America to curate and publish new editions of superior editorial and production quality, offer resources that deepen readers’ appreciation of essential literary and historical works, and place volumes in underserved communities here in the United States and around the world.
Your gift will make a difference and continue efforts to champion America’s great literary voices and serve as a trusted guide to our written heritage.
Click here to see a copy of our current Annual Report.
The impact of your gift
Your contribution will help Library of America to:
- Restore lost or neglected works that deserve wider recognition.
- Research and curate anthologies of American writing on a wide range of topics—from the Civil War to space travel, from football to food.
- Bring the nation’s best and most significant writing into classrooms nationwide.
- Expand the use of technology to provide readers near and far with a rich, dynamic experience of America’s literary voices.
- Provide LOA editions to underserved libraries and schools worldwide.
- Maintain the high editorial and production standards that readers have come to expect from Library of America.